Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Belly Laughs and Maternity Clothes

Just finished my first book about pregnancy, "Belly Laughs". I would recommend this to anyone, especially those of us that are worrying about everything. I found myself laughing out loud and quoting Jenny McCarthy to anyone who would listen. I know now that what I am experiencing is really normal, no matter what Danny says. :) Just kidding. He is being super supportive but still doesn't get the "I need pizza" request at midnight or the "I am freaking exhausted and need a nap" comments. But I love him and he is trying. He is even reading his own book, "What to expect when she's expecting".

Just got back from Houston. I don't recommend pregnancy nausea + weather of 110 degrees. It did not work for me. I am slowly recuperating from that journey. I am just glad that I wasn't there 7 months pregnant. I really would have been miserable.

I made my first maternity clothing purchase. It was interesting. I am in love with cute jeans that I can wear with a belly and I can pull up to my armpits. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am serious. Super excited about the new comfortable clothes.

Next week we have our second doctor's appointment where we get to hear the baby's heartbeat. We are pumped. Every week I get these e-mails that tell me what my baby looks like this week. It is interesting that last week they described baby Kirkman as being the size of a kumquat. Supposedly baby Kirkman is growing hair, nails and moving his/her limbs now. I really can't wait to feel a kick.

All for now, check back next week to hear about the big Doctor's appointment.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sounds familiar and exciting!!!! I can't wait for more posts about your experiences!